tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Ajit Bhingarkar" <abhin...@tibco.com>
Subject An issue with specifying IP address
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2001 22:11:57 GMT
Hi,

This issue may have been addressed earlier, but I could
find any reference in tomcat user documentation or
deployment guidelines.

We are using tomcat (3.2.1) in stand alone mode to run the
configuration webn gui for our product. When a remote
client connects to the configuration server (tomcat)
using machine name of the server, user session gets
created successfully but instead if one types in the
IP address of the server machine, somehow session
is not initialized correctly.

Has anyone reported similar issue ?

Any feedback/work around on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ajit