tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Bip Thelin <...@razorfish.com>
Subject Store Proposal
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2001 19:01:39 GMT
We've had some issues with the background threads, expiration and stuff so I
migrated some of the common stuff into a StoreBase and had JDBCStore and FileStore
extend it and have the opportunity to implement it's own processexpires and some
other methods. The code is attatched. I've also implemented an extended table for
JDBCStore, there still remains some work on using the extended fields when checking
expiration and loading I'll have that done soon. This is what a table for JDBCStore
now should look like:
TABLE [tomcat$sessions] (
	[id] [varchar] (100) NOT NULL ,
	[data] [varbinary] (1000) NULL ,
	[valid] [char] (1) NOT NULL ,
	[maxinactive] [int] NOT NULL ,
	[lastaccess] [numeric](18, 0) NULL
)

Here's how you can configure the table and column names:

<!--Store className="org.apache.catalina.session.JDBCStore" driverName="SQLDriver" connectionURL="jdbc:protocol://server?user=;password="
sessionTable="tomcat$sessions" sessionIdCol="id" sessionDataCol="data" sessionValidCol="valid"
sessionMaxInactiveCol="maxinactive"
sessionLastAccessedCol="lastaccess" debug="99"/-->

	..bip