tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Bip Thelin <...@razorfish.com>
Subject Re: JDBCStore package for Tomcat 4.x
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2001 20:31:34 GMT
"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:

> [...]
>
> One of my original thoughts was along this line ... a Store should be
> responsible for expiring its own swapped-out sessions.  In practice, you
> would have a background thread inside JDBCStore doing this for you.  The
> Store would also double check the current status while processing a
> load().

That's how I've implemented it right now, but that won't do it now when
Kief has migrated it to the PersistentManagerBase. I think that it's good
to abstract the thread/Lifecycle methods up to the Manager but maybe
we should keep the proccessexpires method in the Store so each Store is
responsible for checking expired sessions in it's own best way upon triggered
from the reaper thread in the Manager.

	..bip