tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From GOMEZ Henri <hgo...@slib.fr>
Subject RE: Patch suggestions mod_jk/ajp13
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2001 11:39:22 GMT
Hi Rainer,

Thanks for the patches :

>I participated in the mod_jk fdatasync discussion on Friday. I
>have 4 more
>mod_jk/ajp13 patches on my personal wishlist.

Since nobody object, I removed the fdatasync from log :)

>The first three
>(these are
>mod_jk patches) apply to 3.2.2 as well as to 3.3-milestone2.
>The fourth
>(which is the tomcat ajp13 patch)  is already fixed in 3.3,
>but not in 3.2.2.

Could you use next time, diff -Nru, since it's much more easy
to see the differences...

>I describe the four and add some diff-output for 3.2.2-beta2.
>I'm not an
>experienced Java/C-developper, so do not blindly use the code,
>although all
>patches are very small.
>
>1) In jk_ajp12_worker.c the HTTP return reason phrase (the text that
>belongs to the numeric status, like "OK" for "200") is not
>handled correct.
>If the phrase consists of more than one token, like "Not
>Found", only the
>first token is read from tomcat and returned to the client.
>(change two
>lines, add 5 lines)

Seems good to me

>2) I suggest adding a timestamp to mod_jk-logging in
>jk_util.c. Logging
>without a timestamp is not very useful. (change 1 line, add 2 lines)

Allready present in tomcat 3.3 CVS

>3) I think in jk_uri_worker_map.c is a little bug. For me it
>loggs (very
>rarely) "NULL parameters" and looking at the code I can see,
>that the two
>places are exactly those, where the code does not return
>before the log
>statement, even if it succesfully completes the call. All other places
>where "NULL parameters" could be logged first try to do something
>successful, if yes return, if no do logging. So I think one gets the
>logging although it should not have happened. (delete 4 lines,
>change 3
>lines, add 1 line)

Never saw these NULL that but I cleanup a little jk_uri_worker_map

>4) In Ajp13ConnectorResponse.java the http reason phrase is
>missing in the
>returned status line. The change that has been done to tomcat
>3.3 milestone
>2, and maybe could be added to 3.2.2 also. (change 1 line)
>
>Maybe some of these could go into 3.2.2 or 3.3?

3.2.x tree is closed and only bug fixes will be included.
All majors updates to mod_jk must be in 3.3 tree !!!