tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Kilbride" <j...@kilbride.com>
Subject Logger.java -- TC 3.2.1/3.2.2b3
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2001 20:54:32 GMT
I noticed when looking through my log files that the default timestamp format for logging is
based on a 12-hour clock, as opposed to a 24-hour clock. I would meekly suggest changing this
by changing Line 416 of Logger.java in TC 3.2.1/3.2.2b3 from:

protected String timestampFormat = "yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss";

to:

protected String timestampFormat = "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss";

I know it's configurable in the server.xml file, but I thought it would be nice to change
the default. The other option would be to add the AM/PM designator to the current format:

protected String timestampFormat = "yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss a";

Thanks,
--jeff