tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Peer Heijnen" <tom...@asobrain.com>
Subject Fixing error pages on virtual hosts.
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2001 07:40:19 GMT
Hi,

We've been using Tomcat 3.2.1 quite succesfully, but ran into trouble with
error pages on virtual domains (causing an infinite loop in 3.2.1, and a 404
in 3.2.2b3).

We fixed this problem by setting the hostname in
ord.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager#getHandlerForPath( Context ctx, String
path ). By adding "req1.setServerName( ctx.getHost() );" after
"initRequest( req1, res1 );".

We've not studied all sources thoroughly, and I'm not sure if this is a
correct fix, but it works perfectly on versions 3.2.1 upto 3.2.2beta3 (error
pages get displayed correctly now). The servername was 'null' at the fix
point before.

Cheers,
Peter S. Heijnen