tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Koushik Chakraborty <kc...@research.bell-labs.com>
Subject Server crash Class Loading
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2001 16:47:06 GMT
Hi All,
  I have a tomcat 3.2.1 release version running. Recently, I have included
a jar in the lib directory (taking from the development root). This does
not have any explicit package and do some computation on graphs.
Basically, I was planning to use the classes in some helper Class file I
am writing for my development.

However, when starting the server, it gave me a message
"cannot load servlet name :jsp"

and subsequently it failed to execute any of the jsp. Any idea what is
going on ?

I created a context into ../../web. Now I have some jsp files in
../../web/dummy. When I try to instantiate a class in any jsp files in
dummy directory it attrempts to find dummy.<classname> instead of
<classname> itself. Any idea, how can I get rid of this ?

Thanks,
Koushik.