tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cmanola...@yahoo.com
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat/src/share/org/apache/jasper/runtime BodyContentImpl.java PageContextImpl.java
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2001 07:23:02 GMT
On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Casey Lucas wrote:

> I noticed that for PageContextImpl you made a comment about removing
> the log dependency. Was this just because it was used on a case that
> "shouldn't happen" or is there another reason why jasper components
> shouldn't rely on tomcat logging code?

The log was used only to report when the JspWriterImpl constructor
was throwing a RuntimeException ( I used that for debugging the sandbox).

There is nothing wrong with using the tomcat logging code - especialy now
that it has been refactored and is more "pluggable" ( i.e. you could
write an adapter for log4j or the jsr?? logging ).

I think jasper should not depend on tomcat - as it can be used in other
containers - but using "common" utils is not bad.

Costin