tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Custom tags: Request-time values unimplemented?
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2001 18:06:46 GMT
This question should really be addressed to the TOMCAT-USER
list.  TOMCAT-DEV is for discussions of the development of Tomcat itself.

On Sun, 25 Mar 2001, rajeev wrote:

> Can someone confirm that request-time attribute values is not
> implemented in the latest version of Jakarta?

Which version are you actually running.  "The latest version" is somewhat
ambiguous?

> Here's what I want to do:
>   <foo:bar customer="<%= customer.getID() %>"/>
>
> But instead of customer id, what actually gets passed to
> BarTag.setCustomer() is the string "<%= customer.getID() %>"

This should work fine in any version of Java, as long as you have declared
in your tag library descriptor that the "customer" attribute can accept
runtime expressions:

	<attribute>
	    <name>customer</name>
	    <required>false</required> <!-- or true if needed -->
	    <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
	</attribute>

> My code should have worked, based on sample code I saw in Sun's
> J2EE blueprints, and also here:
>  http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/tutorial/TagLibraries6.html#62006

Craig McClanahan