tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-4.0/catalina/src/share/org/apache/naming/factory MailSessionFactory.java ResourceFactory.java
Date Sat, 24 Mar 2001 21:10:31 GMT

On Sat, 24 Mar 2001, Remy Maucherat wrote:

> > Where?  This didn't work until I modified ResourceFactory to take care of
> > it, copying the way that the default resource factory for a DataSource is
> > set up.
>
> You can set parameters for a resource (ejb-ref, resource-ref, and the
> others) with :
>
> If the resource is jdbc/TestDB, the parameters are defined with :
> <ResourceParams name="jdbc/TestDB">

> </ResourceParams>

Oh, OK.  We should probably write up some simple docs on this.

Because javax.mail.Session is a standard J2EE resource type, I'm going to
go ahead and leave it defaulting to the factory I just created, so users
don't have to remember that.

I presume that a user-supplied factory would need to be visible to the
Catalina class loader, right?

> Note the factory parameter.
>
> > Also, I noticed one other thing that I'm about to fix.  The entries for
> > resources, EJB references, and so on are getting created in the
> > "java:com" context.  According to the J2EE spec, they are supposed to be
> > in the "java:comp/env" context (along with environment entries).  It's a
> > real simple patch, to be submitted shortly after I double check that it
> > works correctly.
>
> Yes, I made a mistake. I can fix it.

See next CVS commit.

> Remy