tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-4.0/catalina/src/share/org/apache/naming/factory MailSessionFactory.java ResourceFactory.java
Date Sat, 24 Mar 2001 20:58:17 GMT

On Sat, 24 Mar 2001, Remy Maucherat wrote:

> > craigmcc    01/03/24 12:52:08
> >
> >   Modified:    catalina build.xml
> >                catalina/src/share/org/apache/naming/factory
> >                         ResourceFactory.java
> >   Added:       catalina/src/share/org/apache/naming/factory
> >                         MailSessionFactory.java
> >   Log:
> >   Add a naming context resource factory for javax.mail.Session resources
> >   (compliant with J2EE requirements) so that web applications can look up
> >   and utilize a preconfigured javax.mail.Session instance.  The resource
> is
> >   configured by creating <Resource> and <ResourceParams> elements nested
> in
> >   the <Context> or <DefaultContext> element in "conf/server.xml" --
the
> >   example application will be updated to demonstrate this shortly.
> >
> >   NOTE:  the mechanism by which new object factories are registered needs
> >   be generalized.
>
> Why ? You just need to specify a factory parameter in the reference
> parameters.

Where?  This didn't work until I modified ResourceFactory to take care of
it, copying the way that the default resource factory for a DataSource is
set up.

Also, I noticed one other thing that I'm about to fix.  The entries for
resources, EJB references, and so on are getting created in the
"java:com" context.  According to the J2EE spec, they are supposed to be
in the "java:comp/env" context (along with environment entries).  It's a
real simple patch, to be submitted shortly after I double check that it
works correctly.

> Remy

Craig