tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-4.0/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/core StandardWrapperValve.java
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2001 20:50:58 GMT

On Sat, 17 Mar 2001, Jon Stevens wrote:

> on 3/17/01 12:07 PM, "craigmcc@apache.org" <craigmcc@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > +    private String filter(String message) {
>
> Not sure if you have to do this for private methods, but you might want to
> make that final in order to make sure that the JVM inlines the method.

I don't think you have to do that for final methods, but I'll look.

> <stupid question of the day>
> Also, does that StandardWrapperValue filter for all responses or for just
> Error page responses? If all responses, couldn't that be bad if I was
> returning binary data?

This filtering is specifically called only on the request URI that is
reported in a standard error page produced by Tomcat.  No filtering is
done on standard application output, or on error pages defined by a web
app with the <error-page> directive -- you are on your own to protect
yourself.

> -jon

Craig