tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - Tomcat 3.x
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2001 01:05:44 GMT
Costin Manolache wrote:

> Well, tomcat depends on having ant binaries ( in the normal
> format ) in ant.home.

Turns out I had made a change in the jakarta-ant definition (in order to
work around another problem), so the ant.home I was passing in the
jakarta-tomcat build was not valid.

My bug.  Should be fixed tonight.

> BTW, Sam - you are right about the need to test the latest ( i.e.
> CVS top dir ) - it's an excelent way to find any interface or
> layout change that may affect other projects, and maintain
> backward compatibility.

Not everybody gets this right away.  I'm still receiving pushback in a few
corners.

> ( I still believe we need a separate build using the "latest
> stable" - for a different purpose )

The more variations tested, the better.

- Sam Ruby