tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Rick Knowles" <rick_know...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Some benchmarks
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2001 12:43:16 GMT
I know some guys at probably the biggest dot com in Japan (fill in the
blanks), who tried out servlet engines looking for the elusive
"next-generation" engine.
They said they tried Weblogic, JRun and another one I can't remember as well
as tomcat. they found that with the same code, they were able to serve a
maximum of 55 million ad banners of up to 100KB per day with Tomcat (I think
v3.0 or 3.1), compared with weblogic and jrun neither of which cracked 45
million (can't remember exact figures, but a significant difference). They
also commented that tomcat had less memory leaks and crashed half as often.
They were in the process of switching to Catalina when I spoke to them.

Moral of the story is .... well done guys :).