tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Marc Saegesser" <marc.saeges...@apropos.com>
Subject RE: [STATUS] Tomcat 3.2.2 beta 2
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2001 15:11:54 GMT
Petr,

Bug 875 may be related to what your seeing.  I can duplicate this one.  Bug
463 looks like it might be the same problem.  Neither of these will be
addressed in Tomcat 3.2.2, but once that release is out the code freeze will
be lifted an we can work on addressing these and other issues.

I don't see a bug report about entering Japanese text in the URL.  Note that
RFD2396 doesn't support non-ASCII characters in URIs and also doesn't
specify what character encoding should be used for %HH escaped characters.
The Internationalization resources on the W3C site say that the preferred
encoding is UTF-8.  Can you verify that the Japanese characters you enter in
the URL are actually being correctly encoded in the HTTP request?

http://www.w3.org/International/O-URL-and-ident.html

Marc Saegesser