tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Casey Lucas" <clu...@armassolutions.com>
Subject first cut at tag pooling implementation
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2001 17:41:08 GMT

The attached files and diffs are based on 3.3 (hopefully latest code).
They add tag pooling for tomcat.  I hope that some of you will have
time to take a look and provide feedback.  I mainly tested with our
application that uses a lot of tags.

To disable pooling, don't include the TagPoolManagerInterceptor
interceptor.  Jasper will still generate pooling code, but pooling
won't be used at runtime.

Summary of changes:

1. changed jasper to add tag pool support

files changed:
org.apache.jasper.compiler.
    JspParseEventListener.java
    TagBeginGenerator.java
    TagEndGenerator.java

files added:
org.apache.jasper.compiler.
    TagPoolManagerGenerator.java
    TagPoolGenerator.java

2. added tag pooling classes / interfaces
files added:
org.apache.jasper.runtime.
    TagHandlerPool.java
    TagHandlerPoolImpl.java
    TagPoolManager.java
    TagPoolManagerImpl.java

3. added interceptor to enable tagging
files added:
org.apache.tomcat.modules.tagpool.
    TagPoolManagerInterceptor.java

4. changed modules.xml and server.xml
added this text to end of modules.xml:

<module name="TagPoolManagerInterceptor" javaClass="org.apache.tomcat.modules.tagpool.TagPoolManagerInterceptor">
<category name="tagpool"/>
<doc>Not yet</doc>
</module>

added this text to end of server.xml:
<TagPoolManagerInterceptor/>

I'll post performance numbers as soon as I have something
put togehter.  Please let me know if anyone has comments.

-Casey