tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier P. Fumagalli" <>
Subject Re: Restricting Access to Tomcat 3.x and Tomcat 4.0 Connectors
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2001 03:22:31 GMT
Glenn Nielsen <> wrote:

> Ok, so if you want to restrict network access from remote Apache servers
> using the mod_jserv, mod_jk, or mod_webapp connectors to Tomcat; you can't
> do it with either Tomcat 3.2 or Tomcat 4.0, correct?
> Sure would be nice if network access allow/deny for Connectors could be
> configured for those who don't put Tomcat behind a firewall.

I don't know about mod_jserv/mod_jk (in mod_jserv it was possible with
Jserv, but I don't know about the Tomcat implementation of AJP).

With mod_webapp, or better, the WARP connector for Tomcat 4.0 (we're not
dealing with the Apache side of things, but with it's counterpart in the
Java Virtual Machine) is not implemented, but it's feasible. Maybe in the
next release? Who knows... :) :) :)

Pier Fumagalli  <>  <>

View raw message