tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: autoconf / automake
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2001 19:05:07 GMT
on 3/3/01 10:52 AM, "Dan Milstein" <danmil@shore.net> wrote:

> Jon,
>
> Do you think these tools are *worth* using, or do they cause more problems
> than they solve?
>
> I've got a friend who is a pretty solid autoconf/automake guru, and I'm
> trying to tempt him into helping out with setting this up, but I won't do
> that if people with experience think it's going to make trouble down the
> road.
>
> Anyone?
>
> -Dan

They are totally worth using. Once you get it right, they are a life saver
and the work put into JServ can really be re-used here. Getting it right is
the hard part. It needs a *lot* of testing.

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous
<http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/> && <http://java.apache.org/turbine/>