tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Shinta Tjio <st...@broadjump.com>
Subject RE: FW: problem w/ ajp13 - if Tomcat is shutdown
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2001 22:24:31 GMT
>  1) First off, I strongly believe that this work (which I think is an
> excellent feature, BTW), belongs in the 3.3 branch, and *not* in 3.2.
> Although it feels like a bug that we need to restart Apache
> every time we restart TC, it's documented behavior, and I
> consider fixing it more of a feature enhancement.  The scope
> of work you're doing here is considerable, and the code you're
> modifying is complex (and involves lots of different possible
> situations).  I would not feel comfortable committing this to 3.2
> unless it had seen a *lot* of testing in the 3.3 branch.  (Am
> I incorrect in remembering that there has been discussion of
> putting this into 3.2?)

Dan, sorry for not clarifying. I'm back porting the changes to my
own company's CVS, not the Apache Tomcat's CVS. We have decided
that we need this changes on our 3.2.1 Tomcat release but can't
afford to release Tomcat 3.3 beta right now.

So you can definitely check in the changes to 3.3 branch, and
not 3.2.1. I think we've discussed that and that was agreed.

thanks,
shinta