tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Stubenrauch,Andreas" <me...@erv.de>
Subject RE: Is Apache web server 1.3.x multithreaded
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2001 14:54:57 GMT
This is a little bit offtopic for the tomcat-dev list so I'll answer
personally:
Apache 1.3.x ist a classic unix-fork apllication. To minimize the overhead
a park of processes is started at startuptime.
If running on Win32 these processes are mapped more or less on NT-Threads.

Apache 2.x is designed to bypass these Problems and can be configured to run
with
several different run-modes

Reagards,
Andreas