tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "T. Park" <tp...@borland.com>
Subject Catalina vs.preServletInit et. al.
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2001 18:39:03 GMT

Hello,

I'm a newbie to the Catalina code line and need some guidance (lots actually)...

I have a custom interceptor that works really well with Tomcat 3.x that does
some special setup work
in the preServletInit/postServletInit, preService/postService and
preServletDestroy/postServletDestroy methods of
the special RequestInterceptor.

My problem is determining functional equivalents to these in Catalina.

Can anyone give me any pointers - I sort of lost my way in the source code and
documentation
(primarily due to existing references to 'interceptors' in both comments and
docs.)

Is there still a way to do some pre/post processing for each corresponding
servlet call (init,destroy and service).

I looked at VavleBase and couldn't see any direct comparison.

-Thom