tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Antony Bowesman <...@teamware.com>
Subject Plugging realms and JAAS into Tomcat 3.2
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2001 14:03:55 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to find out if it is possible to plug ones own proprietary
user realm into Tomcat 3.2.  I have JAAS login modules that authenticate
against this user realm and populate the JAAS Subject with principals
(user names, groups, roles).  However, I need to get this JAAS created
security context into the Web container's security context, so that, for
example, IsUserInRole() can be used to determine Roles from the original
user realm and any calls to EJB container will get the security context.

Rgds
Antony

--
Antony Bowesman