tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - Tomcat 3.x
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2001 15:07:31 GMT
Conor MacNeill wrote:

> Costin,
>
> > Is there any reasonable explanation for changing the ant structure ( i.e.
> > removing ant/bin ) ? Besides breaking backward compatibility and forcing
> > people to change their scripts ?
> >

> We like you to change your scripts on a regular basis to stop them getting
> stale :-)

Yah, we know :-)

I dealt with this particular change by setting my ANT_HOME environment variable
to "${my.jakarta.home}/jakarta-ant/dist" instead of
"${my.jakarta.home}/jakarta-ant".  That way, everything that is resolved
relative to ANT_HOME works correctly, whether I'm using the current CVS source
code or a binary distro.

Craig