tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Bip Thelin <...@razorfish.com>
Subject Re: [TOMCAT 4.x SSI] Update
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2001 19:32:42 GMT
Hans Bergsten wrote:

> Sorry, I should have commented on this earlier. It seems like you could save
> a lot of time on this by porting the JSSI package (from java,apache.org)
> instead of implementing SSI from scratch. I did that not too long ago for
> Tomcat 3.2. For Tomcat 4, it would be a little bit different but the majority of
> the code would be the same.
> [...]

I haven't seen the JSSI package before but it seem's more focused on supporting
".jhtml" than the "normal" SSI (.shtml). I don't know if it's easier to port it
and write up those SSI commands that are missing, like 'exec' for instance. Anyway
it will serve as a good ground for ".jhtml" support.

	Thanks, Bip