tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Using Tomcat4.0 (CVS) with xerces
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2001 18:57:17 GMT
jean-frederic clere wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There is (still) a problem using xerces with Tomcat4.0:

Could you expand on precisely what JAR files you have in what directories
when it fails, and when it succeeds?  The test case that I know works
correctly (at least for my tests) is to leave Jasper using JAXP/1.1 as it
does by default, and stick xerces.jar in your WEB-INF/lib directory.

In general, you would use "jaxp.jar" *and* "crimson.jar" if you wanted to
use JAXP/1.1, and *only* "xerces.jar" if you wanted to use xerces.  However,
last time I checked Xerces did not have complete support for the JAXP 1.1
APIs, so you would not be able to use it  for JSP pages in the XML syntax.

Craig McClanahan