tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Bip Thelin <...@razorfish.com>
Subject [Tomcat 4.x] SSI package
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2001 02:41:00 GMT
Attatched is a _very_ early release of the SSI package. It's just the initial framework
and one working SSI command 'fsize' which returns a file's size. Looks like this:
'<!--#fsize virtual="/tomcat.gif"-->' I appologize for the
path in the Zipfile, for some reason Winzip screwed up my path. Anyway this is how the
file layout should look like once deployed.
<catalina>
      \
        - servlets / SsiInvokerServlet.java

       \
         - util / ssi /
                        SsiCommand.java
                        SsiConfig.java
                        SsiEcho.java
                        SsiExec.java
                        SsiFlastmod.java
                        SsiFsize.java
                        SsiInclude.java

To try it out map e.g "*.shtml" to the SsiInvoker in web.xml.
---------------------------------------8<-------------------------------------
	<!-- The SSI invoker servlet -->
	<servlet>
		<servlet-name>ssi</servlet-name>
		<servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.SsiInvokerServlet</servlet-class>
		<init-param>
			<param-name>debug</param-name>
			<param-value>1</param-value>
		</init-param>
		<load-on-startup>5</load-on-startup>
	</servlet>

	<!-- The mapping for the SSI servlet -->
	<!-- Comment this out if you do not want "jsp" service -->
	<servlet-mapping>
		<servlet-name>ssi</servlet-name>
		<url-pattern>*.shtml</url-pattern>
	</servlet-mapping>

I'd love constructive critic on design issues as well as eventual performance issues or bugs.
I'll try and finish the other ones soon and have the whole package up to a "final/production"
status.

	..bip