tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From GOMEZ Henri <hgo...@slib.fr>
Subject RE: FW: problem w/ ajp13 - if Tomcat is shutdown
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2001 17:11:34 GMT
>In the mean time, I have taken Henri's changes and back
>port it to 3.2.1 (because I need it on 3.2.1). Everything
>seems to work well. I've tested it in the normal scenarios
>(one Apache, one Tomcat) and in the load-balanced scenarios.

Thanks for using the patch and tested it under LoadBalanced
Tomcats.

>In the load-balanced scenarios, when I restart TC worker 1,
>the code properly close the dead sockets and re-establish
>new ones to the same worker (TC worker 1). The good
>connections to TC worker 2 are untouched. They stay
>connected.

Normal procedure

>I did notice something wierd. But this is un-related
>to the code edits. This happens with or without Henri's
>changes. When I restart TC worker 1, but shut down TC
>worker 2, requests that supposed to go to TC worker 2
>(because they belong to the same session, thus the load
>balancer try to foward it to the same TC worker 2) took
>sometime to get forwarded to TC worker 1. This maybe
>another one of those "improvements" that can be done
>to the load balancer worker.

 No problem here, when you shutdown a Tomcat in a
load balancing architecture, you got request goes
to the second even if there is a JVMROUTE set .

>Anyway, I'm pretty happy with Henri's changes. (Thanks
>Henri!). Henri, are you going to check in the changes?

I'd like to see Dan check it since I created a second memory
pool rmsg but I'm not too confident on it :

+        rmsg = jk_b_new(&(p->pool));
+        jk_b_set_buffer_size( rmsg, DEF_BUFFER_SZ);
+     jk_b_reset(rmsg);

See you