tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Kemp Randy <rlkem...@yahoo.com>
Subject Tomcat broke after Oracle installation
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2001 17:10:10 GMT
Here is some additional information (see logs below)
on my problem.  I installed Apache 1.2 and Tomcat 3.2
on Solaris 5.6, and the Tomcat examples and Apache
worked fine.  When I installed Oracle enterprise 8.1.7
on the same machine, the Tomcat examples stopped
working.  I suspect that the problem is related to
Oracle running an embedded Apache and Jserv, and maybe
the listeners are getting confused.  Before consulting
Oracle, I thought I throw this out.  Anyone else
running the same or similar combination on a Unix box
(Linus, Solaris, etc.)  Any ideas what could be
causing it?  And I have a simple question.  If I put
the static pages in Apache htdocs, where do the
servlets and JSP pages get placed in Tomcat?

From: Kemp Randy-W18971
Subject:  Need Help with problem
Date:  Fri, 9 Mar 2001 16:39:49 -0500
I have Tomcat 3.2.1 and Apache running, but I am
getting this error
on
http://ecad.mot.com:8080/examples/jsp/num/numguess.jsp
and need some
help

Error: 500
Location: /examples/jsp/num/numguess.jsp
Internal Servlet Error:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile
class for JSP
	at java.lang.Throwable.(Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Exception.(Compiled Code)
	at javax.servlet.ServletException.(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.JasperException.(Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.doLoadJSP(Compiled
Code)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader.loadJSP(Compiled
Code)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.loadJSP(Compiled
Code)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(Compi
led Code)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(Compiled
Code)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(Compiled
Code)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(Compiled
Code)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Compiled
Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(Compiled
Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Compiled
Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(Compiled
Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(Compiled
Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(Compiled
Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(Compi
led Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(Compiled
Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Compiled
Code)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)
Root cause:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown argument
	at java.lang.Throwable.(Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Exception.(Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.RuntimeException.(Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.IllegalArgumentException.(Compiled Code)
	at java.text.MessageFormat.format(Compiled Code)
	at java.text.MessageFormat.format(Compiled Code)
	at java.text.Format.format(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.Constants.getString(Compiled
Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.Constants.message(Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.handleDirective(Compiled
Code)
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DelegatingListener.handleDirective(Compiled
Code)
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser$Directive.accept(Compiled
Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Compiled
Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Compiled
Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Compiled
Code)
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiled