tomcat-dev mailing list archives

Subject cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat/src/native/mod_jk/apache1.3
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2001 18:25:48 GMT
larryi      01/03/02 10:25:45

  Added:       src/native/mod_jk/apache1.3
  Adding a build script for Solaris
  Submitted by: Mike Braden
  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.1                  jakarta-tomcat/src/native/mod_jk/apache1.3/
  # for
  # Usage: # sh
  # Path to Apache or PREFIX used to build Apache
  if [ -z "$APACHE_HOME" ] ; then
     echo APACHE_HOME=/usr/local/apache
  if [ -f $APACHE_HOME/bin/apxs ] ; then
     echo Error: Unable to locate apxs.  Verify that APACHE_HOME is correct in this script.
     exit 1
  # Check JAVA_HOME
  if [ -z "$JAVA_HOME" ] ; then
     echo Please set JAVA_HOME
     exit 1
  JAVA_INCLUDE="-I${JAVA_HOME}/include -I${JAVA_HOME}/include/solaris"
  SRC="../common/*.c mod_jk.c"
  # Run APXS to compile module
  echo Compiling mod_jk
  $APXS -S CFLAGS="-DSOLARIS -DUSE_EXPAT -I../lib/expat-lite" -o $INCLUDE -lposix4
-c $SRC
  # Check to see if the last command completed
  if [ $? -ne 0 ] ; then
    echo Error with apxs
    exit 1
  echo mod_jk build complete.
  # Clean up
  rm jk_*.o
  rm mod_jk.o
  echo configuring apache...
  # Use apxs to add the correct lines to httpd.conf
  # Since our auto-config does this in the include
  # file (mod_jk-conf-auto), we'll add them as
  # commented statements for change later if
  # we decide not to use the auto-conf.
  #$APXS -i -a
  $APXS -i -A
  # Check to see if the last command completed
  if [ $? -ne 0 ] ; then
    echo Error using apxs to add configuration to httpd.conf
    exit 1
  # Steps to complete install
  Build and configuration of mod_jk is complete.
  To finish the installation, edit your apache/conf/httpd.conf file and
  add the following line to the end of the file:
  (Note: Change TOMCAT_HOME to the value of $TOMCAT_HOME)
  Include TOMCAT_HOME/conf/jk/mod_jk.conf-auto
  Example (/usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf):
  Include /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-3.3/conf/jk/mod_jk.conf-auto
  Next copy $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/jk/ to
  Finally, add the apache auto-config setting to Tomcat.
  See the release notes for Tomcat 3.3 for information on enabling
  the auto-configure script in section 2, Tomcat Configuration:
  "To turn these on, add the following modules after the
    <AutoWebApp ... /> module in the server.xml file:
    Apache configs:  <ApacheConfig />"
  Example ($TOMCAT_HOME/conf/serverl.xml):
          <AutoWebApp dir="webapps" host="DEFAULT" />
          <ApacheConfig />
  For more information, see the mod_jk-howto located in the docs dir
  of TOMCAT. (doc/mod_jk-howto.html)

View raw message