tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Roy Wilson <desig...@bellatlantic.net>
Subject RE: Just another Benchmark
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2001 19:00:50 GMT
Hi,

See below.

Roy

<snip>

Just curious: you say "CPU usage 100%". I guess what I'm asking is
whether you assume that Apache keeps the CPU busy 100% of the time based
on the ratio of the throughputs (requests per second) or whether you
measured CPU busy using sar (or something like it). FWIW, in measurements
of Apache I've done, I've rarely seen CPU utilization above about 75%.

Roy