tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Remy Maucherat" <>
Subject Re: Strange problem with URL_PKG_PREFIXES
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2001 05:22:31 GMT
> According to NamingManager documentation, first it will look for
> '' which does not exist, so
> should next look for '' which
> does exist.
> So, this should work.

Indeed, my mistake. It should work, since the IC will only call lookup on
the Context produced by the IC factory *after* checking the URLs.

> BTW, the 'org.apache.naming' prefix is concatenated onto the URL prefixes
> jakarta.

Since I can't figure out where the problem is coming from, I can change it
and make 'org.apache.naming' a prefix.

> Also, when the jnp.jar is removed, it still fails with the same
> error.
> How can this be made to work?

Don't you get a no initial context factory found when you remove JNP ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message