tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Punky Tse" <punky...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: mod_webapp status?
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2001 02:12:06 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "jean-frederic clere" <jfrederic.clere@fujitsu-siemens.com>
To: <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Cc: "Rodent of Unusual Size" <Ken.Coar@Golux.Com>
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2001 10:16 PM
Subject: Re: mod_webapp status?

> > I agree and that's the main advantage of APR. But you'll see on
> > a Tomcat list question like 'How to build APR ?', 'Where to find a
APR.DLL
> > ?'.
>
> This could be the answer:
> +++ CUT +++
> >
> >     * remove the --disable-shared from the subdir config of APR(UTIL)
> >       before the final release. (in fact, it might even be nice to
> >       allow for Apache config/build against an already-installed
> >       APR(UTIL))
> >       Note: we need to do a "make install" for APR(UTIL) so the shared
> >             libraries can be installed properly. We could also use that
> >             point to install include files (rather than have Apache
> >             know everything that needs to be installed from the
> >             sub-packages). The original impetus for doing the
> >             disable-shared was because the shared lib wasn't getting
> >             installed and a "make clean" in aprutil would make Apache
> >             fail to load.
> +++ CUT +++
> From [STATUS] (httpd-2.0) Wed Mar 21 23:45:16 EST 2001
>
> That means apr.so could/should be downloaded independantly from Apache.
(And
> will be in Apache2.0).

Oh, let me see... APR can't be built as static library? (i.e. libapr.a).  If
it can be built as static library, we don't create a new problem to the
user.  But obviously, the work has shifted to the one who build mod_webapp
(Sam or Pier?), and of course the developer have to know how to build it.

I think it should be built as static lib... Let me build the Apache2.0alpha
now and tell you all later.

Sam, can GUMP build C code?

Punky