tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Pepper <pep...@mail.reppep.com>
Subject How do I configure tomcat 3.2.1 for SSL only?
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2001 18:32:55 GMT
	I'd like tomcat to only respond to SSL requests; the port 80
homepage will just be a link to the secured area.

	The virtual hosts documentation
<http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/tomcat-apache-howto.html#virtual_hosting>

assumes different hosts have different names, but my SSL and non-SSL
vhosts in httpd.conf have the same name. How do I differentiate? Do I
have to set the 'main' (insecure) ServerName to something like
myhost-insecure.domain.dom, and set 'ServerName myhost.domain.dom'
inside the SSL vhost? Please tell me there's a better way.

	Also, the example of how to configure server.xml shows the
text from httpd.conf instead; this sounds familiar. Does anyone have
the right text to go into that box?

						Thx,

						Chris Pepper

--