tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@periapt.com>
Subject ServletContext.getRealPath(string)
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2001 16:10:05 GMT
Hi,

In Turbine I wanted to provide an easy way to give
all classes in a webapp easy access to the real
path to the webapp: someone on the Turbine list
mentioned that ServletContext.getRealPath(path)
is not required to be implemented. If this is
the case what is the best way to provide access
to the webapp path.

In my particular case I am uploading files into
a directory in the webapp, so I need to create
files.

Craig, do you have some standard of providing
access to the webapp in Struts? Maybe I can
borrow your idea if you're implementing something
like this.

Thanks.

jvz.