tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Knauf" <Aar...@geniesystems.com>
Subject IIS/ISAPI connection to tomcat
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2001 04:32:39 GMT
I have a little problem with the isapi_redirect.dll connector to Tomcat.
There seems to be a buffering problem with sending the response back to
the browser.

My symptoms are as follows:
I access a JSP file running in Tomcat via the IIS and isapi_redirect.dll
and I receive a page back that has random fragments of HTML repeated
several times.

I am happy with tracking down the problem and fixing it myself, if
necessary, but before I do that I would like to ensure that I am not
wasting my time.

I am using tomcat 3.1-FINAL and a version of isapi_redirect.dll of about
the same vintage.  I cannot upgrade this server to Tomcat 3.2, as the case
sensitivity breaks existing code (not written by me - bloody IIS).

Has anyone seen/fixed this problem before?
I see that there have been some changes to the source files since then.
Should I be using a later version of the redirector, or is the new code
specific to a later tomcat version? (I don't want to be fixing old code.)

Thanks in advance for any help/advice that you can offer.

Aaron Knauf
Implementation Consultant
Genie Systems Ltd
Auckland, New Zealand