tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Keith Wannamaker" <Ke...@Wannamaker.org>
Subject RE: help about tomcat virtual hosting...
Date Sun, 14 Jan 2001 16:34:35 GMT
Apache Vhosts can be mapped to directories with
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_vhost_alias.html
This eliminates having to restart the server for changes -
just change the directory structure.

Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: Jino Lee [mailto:jinolee@egitech.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2001 9:10 AM
To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: FW: help about tomcat virtual hosting...

I'm using apache 1.3.17 + tomcat 3.2.1 + red-hat 6.2.

Every time I add a virtual host, I have to restart apache and tomcat.
During the restart, the visitors will loose all connection to the site is
there anyway to add a virtual host without restarting the server?

Currentl, I'm only using tomcat3.2.1 for web service. Is there a way to
refresh additional virtual hosts without restarting the server?