tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Keith Wannamaker" <Ke...@Wannamaker.org>
Subject RE: apxs will not compile mod_jserv or mod_jk
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2001 20:48:39 GMT
Shared object support is often broken in Apache.  The problem is
configure never substitutes the correct variables into apxs.pl.
In this case the name of your linker is set to null.
Verify these are null and try changing them in apxs.pl:

CFG_CFLAGS_SHLIB  = -fpic -DSHARED_MODULE
CFG_LD_SHLIB      = gcc
CFG_LDFLAGS_SHLIB = -shared

This has come up lots in the Apache forums, try searching with
Deja.

Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Albers [mailto:Brian.Albers@xilinx.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 2:21 PM
To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: apxs will not compile mod_jserv or mod_jk

When i try to compile the mod_jserv or mod_jk module using apxs on
Solaris 2.5, i get the following error for both and I can't figure out
why this error is occurring.

here are the last several lines of output:

gcc -DSOLARIS2=260 -DUSE_EXPAT -I../lib/expat-lite -DNO_DL_NEEDED
-I/home/balbers/web/apache_1.3.17/include  -c mod_jserv.c
  -o autochange.so mod_jserv.o jserv_wrapper_win.o jserv_wrapper_unix.o
jserv_wrapper.o jserv_watchdog.o jserv_utils.o jserv_status.o
jserv_protocols.o jserv_mmap.o jserv_image.o jserv_balance.o
jserv_ajpv12.o jserv_ajpv11.o autochange.o -o mod_jserv.so
apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=255

any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Brian Joseph Albers