tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Marc Saegesser" <marc.saeges...@apropos.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat/src/share/org/apache/tomcat/request AccessInterceptor.java
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2001 04:45:31 GMT
Damn, I hate the Servlet spec.  They bury this detail in a bloody example
without ever mentioning it explicity!  Damn.

Section 10.2.2, table 4, item 3 is the only place I can find (now that I
went explicitly looking for it) that describes this functionality.

Section 10.2 bullet one says that

* A string beginning with a ‘/’ character and ending with a ‘/*’ postfix is
used as a path mapping.

But it doesn't actually define what the hell a 'path mapping' is.  What it
really seems to mean is that it maps to the servlet specified between the
'/' characters and allows PathInfo to be passed to the servlet.

The 3.2 PFD spec is no better.