tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Dave Oxley" <tomcat_u...@hotmail.com>
Subject Fwd: SSL response
Date Sun, 11 Feb 2001 12:46:31 GMT
I am using Flash to make a https request to a servlet. Flash seems to send
the request and it gets to the servlet, but it hangs when reading/getting
the response. It works fine when getting a text file containing the same
info over https. Therefore two questions:

1. This is how I create the response:
            resp.setContentType("text/plain");
            resp.setHeader("Cache-Control", "no-cache");
            out = resp.getWriter();
Is this correct? Am I missing something? Should the mime type be different?
Do I need to set the response size? etc.
2. Is there a program to snoop on the http response so I can tell the
difference between the reponse from the servet and from the text file?

Thanks.
Dave.
Dave@JungleMoss.com