tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Klemme, Robert, myview" <robert.kle...@myview.de>
Subject Q: Why using introspection and reflection inside a compiled JSP?
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2001 08:55:42 GMT

**  sorry people for reposting - i got no answer so far. maybe the e-mail
got lost.  can someone comment on this, please?  thx!  **

hi all,

this might be regarded as a user question but i think this is so much
internal that this is the right list to post to.  if not, please excuse me.
i will then repost on the users list.

ok, here's what i'd like to know: looking at the java code generated from a
JSP i found this:

in the JSP (the details of the tag are irrelevant.  the important thing is
the property):
<my:tag foo="false">

in the generated .java file:
JspRuntimeLibrary.introspecthelper(_jspx_th_my_tag_0,
"foo","false",null,null, false);

since the type of the attribute can be determined at compile time i wonder
why introspection / reflection is used inspite of the performance drawback.
did i overlook something?  can anyone anser this?  thank you!

	robert

--
Robert Klemme
Software Engineer