tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat/src/share/org/apache/jasper/runtime JspWriterImpl.java
Date Sun, 11 Feb 2001 20:10:02 GMT
on 2/11/01 11:27 AM, "costin@apache.org" <costin@apache.org> wrote:

> This adds another dependency between jasper and tomcat.util ( the first is
> tomcat.util.log, now tomcat.util.compat ). Since both packages are completely
> standalone and can be bundled with jasper, I don't think it'll be a problem.

Comments:

I don't personally see a problem with Jasper requiring Tomcat, but I do see
a problem with the other way around. :-)

HOWEVER, I'm not sure what other corporations will think about this. People
who want to bundle Jasper without Tomcat (ie: IBM) may not like this at
all...even if the Tomcat stuff is standalone.

Maybe a good idea would be to change the build scripts to package the
jasper.jar file with *everything* it needs to run standalone...even if it
means duplicating a couple .class files.

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous
<http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/> && <http://java.apache.org/turbine/>