tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier P. Fumagalli" <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4 status
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2001 03:59:54 GMT
Craig R. McClanahan <Craig.McClanahan@eng.sun.com> wrote:

> [..] Other than that, there is only one API change I want to include before
> beta 2 -- extended lifecycle support for the Connector interface that will
> allow us to ultimately support Tomcat standalone on port 80 through the use of
> a platform-specific native code module.  There are also several issues in
> Bugzilla that need to be evaluated.

I'm following JSR-096 that actually deals with those issues, but there
doesn't seem to be the idea of a quick "standard" solution, at least on the
timeframe we're talking about for TC/4.0.
So, I'll just go ahead and do it "following the same principles" but
actually with a different implementation...

> I will let Pier speak to the mod_webapp/Warp connector.

Still need to protect the code for multi-threading under Apache 2.0, or at
least disable the multiplexing feature...

    Pier

Pier P. Fumagalli                              <mailto:pier@betaversion.org>