tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier P. Fumagalli" <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Porting mod_webapp to APACHE 2.0 (At least trying)
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2001 03:56:19 GMT
jean-frederic clere <jfrederic.clere@fujitsu-siemens.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have started to port mod_webapp to APACHE 2.0, I reached the
> following:
> +++
> Module Name: mod_webapp.c
> Content handlers: (code broken)
> Configuration Phase Participation: none
> Module Directives:
>      WebAppConnection - [optional parameter]
>      WebAppMount -
> Current Configuration:
>      WebAppConnection infoConnection info
>      WebAppConnection warpConnection warp vtxrm2:8008
> +++
>
> The WebAppMount does not work it complains "Host name unspecified".
> Is the following entries of httpd.conf correct?
> +++
> <IfModule mod_webapp.c>
> WebAppConnection  infoConnection info
> WebAppConnection  warpConnection warp vtxrm2:8008
>
> WebAppMount null                  infoConnection /webappinfo/
> WebAppMount testWebApplication    warpConnection /test/
> WebAppMount exampleWebApplication warpConnection /example/
>
> </IfModule>
> +++

I'll dig into it next Monday, and since it seems I'm not alone anymore, I'll
have to force myself to remember to commit code to CVS...

> Find a enclosed the patch file needed to reach this state. Note the
> #ifdef APACHE20.

Cool... Noted... There is also one other thing, about code protection...
Since Apache 2.0 is multi-threaded, it's possible to use the multiplexing
stuff in WARP... But we need to synchronize calls on the socket...

    Pier

Pier P. Fumagalli                              <mailto:pier@betaversion.org>