tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Larry Isaacs <Larry.Isa...@sas.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 3.3 Milestone 1 Status
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2001 19:34:58 GMT

Hi Costin,

I was hoping that your build scripts could be used to build the M1
binaries.  It would be a great help if you could checkout the source,
add the CVS tag and kick off a build.  If it would be more convenient
for that to occur on Monday morning, I am fine with that.

My CVS access is dog slow today anyway.  Maybe by Monday it will get
better.

Thus, I'm +1 for Monday.

This implies that the public announcement would go out sometime Tuesday,
or maybe Wednesday, depending on how long it takes to get the other
files in place and have some people help verify we haven't missed something.

> All code changes for ant syntax in server.xml are done, but the old
> syntax is still used. I checked in server1.xml with the new
> one, I think
> we should have it enabled by default.
>
> There are minor changes needed to support "profiles", I'm
> very confident
> they'll have minimal impact.
>
> It will be implemented by a separate module - basically no
> change in the
> current code, but I would like the config file to be written
> using the new
> style.

+1 for defaulting to the new syntax and including the "profiles"
   Having this get tested in M1 by default is worthwhile.

Larry