tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Stefán F. Stefánsson <>
Subject RE: make jsse support optional
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2001 14:05:22 GMT
What do you mean by 'as long as jsse is not free'?  I've never had to
pay for it... to my best knowledge it _is_ free.

Regards, Stefan.

-----Original Message-----
From: Guillaume Rousse []
Sent: 27. febrúar 2001 14:00
Subject: make jsse support optional

I could be wrong here, as i didn't try to hack the build script, but
is currently mandatory for building tomcat, even if ssl support is not
thereafter. As long as jsse is not free, i think it should be rendered
optional for building as well. This way, tomcat introduction would be a
easier for strict licensing policy Linux distributions, such as Debian
Would this wish be acceptable for next Tomcat release ?

After designing a useful routine that gets around a familiar "bug" in
system, the system is revised, the "bug" is taken away, and you're left
with a useless routine
		-- Thoreau's Theories of Adaption n°2

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email: