tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Stefán F. Stefánsson <stef...@snote.decode.is>
Subject RE: make jsse support optional
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2001 14:05:22 GMT
What do you mean by 'as long as jsse is not free'?  I've never had to
pay for it... to my best knowledge it _is_ free.

Regards, Stefan.

-----Original Message-----
From: Guillaume Rousse [mailto:Guillaume.Rousse@univ-reunion.fr]
Sent: 27. febrúar 2001 14:00
To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: make jsse support optional

I could be wrong here, as i didn't try to hack the build script, but
jsse
is currently mandatory for building tomcat, even if ssl support is not
used
thereafter. As long as jsse is not free, i think it should be rendered
optional for building as well. This way, tomcat introduction would be a
lot
easier for strict licensing policy Linux distributions, such as Debian
or
Mandrake.
Would this wish be acceptable for next Tomcat release ?

Guillaume
--
After designing a useful routine that gets around a familiar "bug" in
the