tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Braden <mbra...@utenzi.com>
Subject RE: mod_jk.so build problems with SunOS 5.6
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2001 16:40:47 GMT
Keith,

Did you build perl and apache from source?

I have seen weird problems with them installed as binaries.  If I recall
correctly, apxs pulls some of the info it needs from the make files from
where apache or perl were built.  If they were built on another system,
these files may not work correctly on your system.  I ended up just building
my own perl and apache.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Mike.

-----Original Message-----
From: keith bishop [mailto:kbishop@orange.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2001 6:55 PM
To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: mod_jk.so build problems with SunOS 5.6

Jamey, I'm experiencing a similar problem to the other guys except the
last line says "rc=-256". I gave your makefile a try but i still get
the same problem.

Im using a sparc with solaris 7
apache 1.3.9
tomcat 3.2.1
Java SDK 1.3

Below is the error:

-o mod_jk.so jk_worker.o jk_util.o jk_uri_worker_map.o jk_sockbuf.o
>jk_pool.o
>jk_nwmain.o jk_msg_buff.o jk_map.o jk_lb_worker.o jk_jni_worker.o
>jk_connect.o j
>k_ajp13_worker.o jk_ajp13.o jk_ajp12_worker.o mod_jk.o -lrt
>apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=-256

Keith Bishop
kbishop@orange.net