tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Milstein <dan...@shore.net>
Subject Re: 3.2.2 Release?
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2001 18:24:06 GMT
Can someone who has functioned as a release manager for a dot release give
me a quick overview of what's involved?  I may be able to find the time, but
I'm not totally clear on the scope of what needs to happen.

I don't think Milestone releases would make sense -- from what it says on
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.html, those sound like they should
really be steps towards a major release of new functionality, not snapshots
of bug fixes in a released product.   Nightly builds I would be fine with,
however.

-Dan