tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Cain <cc...@mhsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [Tomcat 4.0] Proposed Change in Build Scripts
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2001 18:55:51 GMT
"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:

>     jakarta-tomcat-4.0
>         build/                <-- Build destination for Tomcat
>         dist/                  <-- Dist destinatino for Tomcat
>         catalina/
>             build/            <-- Build destination for Catalina portion
>
>             dist/              <-- Dist destination for Catalina portion
>
>         (and so on for other subdirectories).

You have a big (non-binding, of course) +1 from me. Having a script create
files "up and over" its own directory was always a little bizarre. This new
approach is much more *nix standard and makes for a cleaner directory
structure overall ... much easier to explain when telling someone how to
build Tomcat.

Regards,

Christopher