tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Remy Maucherat" <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4 status
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2001 04:20:00 GMT
> I was wondering what the status of getting Tomcat 4 ready for its next
> beta release currently is.  I have finished implementing the Java
SecurityManager
> and the changes to jasper class loading. I know we took a step back to
make a few
> architectural changes.  Are those all in place now?

I think so, and I'm +1 on going forward with a new beta release.
The only outstanding issues remaining are:
- Jasper reliance on getRealPath()
- sealing violations in the classloader when using Xerces

> Can we move toward another beta release?

I'm +1 for that, but Craig may want to have the issues mentioned above
addressed first.

Remy