BugRat Report # 63

Project: Tomcat Release: 3.2beta3
Category: Bug Report SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug State: received
Confidence: public

Submitter: _Anonymous ( anonymous-bug@cortexity.com )
Date Submitted: Sep 1 2000, 12:01:30 CDT
Responsible: Z_Tomcat Alias ( tomcat-bugs@cortexity.com )

Synopsis:
Batch files containing Unix style EOL fail to run
Environment: (jvm, os, osrel, platform)
jdk1.2.2, Win98SE, Win98SE, PC

Additional Environment Description:

Report Description:
I was trying to use tomcat on my win98SE box and I got the following problem: When I try to run the startup.bat scripts (or even tomcat.bat), it returns an error (I think the message is Bad command name or something like this). When you open the .bat file under notepad, you can see that the end of line is in Unix-style (I think it is \n instead of \r\n). I changed all the end-of-line manually (in several .bat files) and that fixed the problem. This is a painful thing to do and I think it should be pretty easy to add a task in the build.xml to do this conversion (I did not have the time to submit this patch). Regards, Jean-Noel Gadreau (jngadreau@activcard.com)

View this Report online...